• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

cellophane bags

Jean Blanchard

I need to find cellophane bags on line that are big enough for maybe 6 cookies or a small fruitbread.  Anyone know of a site?  Thanks!

Jean Blanchard

Not sure where you are located, but this is the place I use. Better yet for me it's in my hometown, so I just run over and pick things up when I need them. They do custom work and have some stuff in stock. It is in Canada, so if you are in the US you might want to find some place closer.

Flora Design

Edited by Kerry Beal (log)

I need to find cellophane bags on line that are big enough for maybe 6 cookies or a small fruitbread.  Anyone know of a site?  Thanks!

Jean Blanchard

depends on how many you need and how fast you need them.

this company is good and relatively fast. they have a minimum purchase amount, but they'll go below it for a small charge.

with the larger companies, the more you buy, the more you save. i just bought two cases of cello bags (different sizes, one gussetted, the other flat) to keep around. they don't go bad.

other than that, you can get them at michael's craft store as well.

You guys are the best! The web sites look great. So many things to choose from. I may try Michaels (why didn't I think of that??) for the basic bag but these web sites have so many fun options that I can't resist. I'm always bringing little treats to my coworkers and this will make it so much more fun. Thanks again!

Jean Blanchard

You may also want to check out florist supply places . . . either on line or wherever you live. That's where I get these kinds of bags. They call them boutinniere (sp?) or corsage bags and come in a variety of sizes. I buy them in boxes of 100 each.

Good luck.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

Jean Blanchard

I was delighted to discover a pretty wide range of cello bags at my local dollar store -- it's worth checking out! I got some cute die-cut ones, and some standard sizes with holiday prints and matching twist ties. Not bad at $1 per 20.