• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Wine Clubs

dvs

I work at a small winery and we are toying with the idea of setting up a wine club. initially, there would only be 1 shipment mailing and one allocation mailing. meaning, in the spring we'd send everyone a 3 btl selection of our spring releases and then they would have the opportunity to buy more at a "club" price". in the fall we'd send the members a notice of what their allocation is for our fall release and give them 30 days to take their allocation.

let me know what you think... the cost of the spring release would be about $120 and the fall allocation would run about $500 or so.

any and all thoughts and advice will be greatly appreciated!!

I think your major impediment would be that shipping laws vary, state to state. Running afoul of some of them can bring felony culpability and a nasty situation for your license.

Other than that, I can't think of any reason not to do it.

Best, Jim

www.CowanCellars.com