• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Two Lunches, one amazing (quick) dinner and drinks

Two food and wine devotees coming to your wonderful city (from our wonderful city- Vancouver) for the weekend for a concert at Key Arena. We have reservations at Mistral for Friday night and are now looking for a place for lunch on Friday, lunch on Saturday, a quick (but great) dinner (preferably walking distance to Key Arena) on Saturday and a place for drinks and snacks- we do like cheese- after the concert.

Please Help!

P.S. If anyone can recommend a few breakfast spots, it would be very welcome too. We are staying at The Moore Hotel.

Thanks.

for post-concert drinks, you'll do well at the Sitting Room, right by Seattle Center. They have a long wine list, fun cocktails that are unusual, a sort of Parisian ambience and a great cheese plate.

Also, if you REALLY like cheese plates, the 35th Street Bistro in Fremont is only a short drive from Seattle Center and have the best cheese plate in the city (seriously, it's intensely fabulous) and cocktails. Not sure how late they're open.

for post-concert drinks, you'll do well at the Sitting Room, right by Seattle Center. They have a long wine list, fun cocktails that are unusual, a sort of Parisian ambience and a great cheese plate.

Also, if you REALLY like cheese plates, the 35th Street Bistro in Fremont is only a short drive from Seattle Center and have the best cheese plate in the city (seriously, it's intensely fabulous) and cocktails. Not sure how late they're open.

Yeah, I second 35th street bistro, as well as Salumi for lunch on Friday (they aren't open on Saturdays). I'd do brunch on Saturday at Geraldine's, but that's just me. And after the concert, consider Licorous or Union (which is downtown); great drinks and "snacks".

I'd suggest Union after the concert, an easy cab ride away, they have a late night happy hour that starts at 10:00 with a lovely selection of menu items for 8.00 each (these are mostly off the regular dinner menu, so you get to sample some really great food). They also usually have a great selection of cheeses, good wine, beer and cocktails.

They also have the same deal earlier in the evening, (I think 5:00-7:00 or so??) but it's not walking distance to Key Arena.

Jan

Seattle, WA

"But there's tacos, Randy. You know how I feel about tacos. It's the only food shaped like a smile....A beef smile."

--Earl (Jason Lee), from "My Name is Earl", Episode: South of the Border Part Uno, Season 2

a place for drinks and snacks- we do like cheese- after the concert. 

Le Pichet, absolutely, for excellent wine and cheese. Open till 2 am on Saturday evening.

ok if you go to le pichet after , for late night, get a cup of the chocolate chaud- not on the menu but always in the kitchen. DAMN GOOD STUFF!