• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cafe Amici, Wyckoff

Dana329

A friend suggested meeting here for dinner next week. There is only one post (chefdavidrusso) from 2 years ago. I seem to remember someone from egullet recomending this place, but I can't remember much else. Can anyone give some idea of the place at dinner time?

Thanks, Dana

i walked in and out of the place at dinner time a few weeks ago, if that means anything.

it has the ambiance of a coffee shop, and the menu reads like a typical italian-american place, with "ala vodka" and other goodies that are not horribly interesting. apparently any strengths that it has lay with casual lunch fare.

Edited by tommy (log)

i walked in and out of the place at dinner time a few weeks ago, if that means anything.

it has the ambiance of a coffee shop, and the menu reads like a typical italian-american place, with "ala vodka" and other goodies that are not horribly interesting.  apparently any strengths that it has lay with casual lunch fare.

Unfortunately that was the impression I got from their website. Thanks, Tommy.

Any suggestions? We are looking for casual, nice atmosphere, low noise level so we can talk and bar (not BYO). It should be along the 17 corridor from above Paramus to Suffern, I guess. Not too far off since he doesn't know the area. Brady's in Ramsey? Roxanne's in Mahwah? It'll be on a weeknight.

Dana

sounds like food might be secondary to comfort, so brady's might not be horrible. at the very least it has 2 big bars, so you will likely find room.

other ideas:

varka in ramsey.

roxanne's would be OK, but i've seen it very crowded.

Legal Seafood in the mall.

Oceanos in fair lawn.

Allendale Bar and Grill in allendale

River Palm in fair lawn or ramsey (or whever it is up there)

The Mason Jar in mahwah has a good burger.

nellie's in Waldwick

El Cid in paramus

many of which i've mentioned here and on the ol' blog.

sounds like food might be secondary to comfort, so brady's might not be horrible. at the very least it has 2 big bars, so you will likely find room.

other ideas:

varka in ramsey.

roxanne's would be OK, but i've seen it very crowded.

Legal Seafood in the mall.

Oceanos in fair lawn.

Allendale Bar and Grill in allendale

River Palm in fair lawn or ramsey (or whever it is up there)

The Mason Jar in mahwah has a good burger.

nellie's in Waldwick

El Cid in paramus

many of which i've mentioned here and on the ol' blog.

to add to the list: Ginger & Spice in Ramsey (in a strip mall on Rte. 17)