• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

StripSteak

Malibugal,

I've never been to a Michael Mina restaurant. I've read some posts on eG that rave about Michael Mina, and some that say they would not step into a Michael Mina restaurant. Your mileage may vary.

When you say "a good experience for my guests," what does that include? Is the focus mainly on the food, a certain type of ambience/atmosphere, etc.? You may want to have a back-up plan, just in case. Oh, check out the other discussion threads on Las Vegas dining for other options. Hopefully, some of the other Vegasites will chime in soon.

If you all go to Stripsteak, please report back.

Russell J. Wong aka "rjwong"

Food and I, we go way back ...

rjwong -- I just want to make sure that since it's a new restaurant, it's not so much of a scene, that it's not enjoyable. Also, the prices are high, which is fine with me, but I want to make sure that the food and the service warrant the prices. Thanks. Malibugal

I went to StripSteak shortly after it opened. I thought it was pretty good and pretty expensive - not the best in town, but not the most expensive, either. The side dishes I tried were more interesting than the steak. The atmosphere was a little trendy, but not outrageously so. For details, go to my Las Vegas restaurant review page and click on StripSteak.

John Curtas, a local food critic at KNPR radio, had a different reaction, saying that it "may be serving the best beef in town, with a winning wine list, but little else." Click here for an audio review.

Very impressive reviews lgott. I will be in Vegas this weekend and have reservations at Bouchon (lunch), L'Atelier de Joël Robuchon (dinner) and after reading your reviews am thinking of adding Osaka to the list for dinner and a repeat visit to Bouchon for breakfast.

Any other "must try" restaurants?

Cheers

Percy

I went to StripSteak shortly after it opened.  I thought it was pretty good and pretty expensive - not the best in town, but not the most expensive, either.  The side dishes I tried were more interesting than the steak.  The atmosphere was a little trendy, but not outrageously so.  For details, go to my Las Vegas restaurant review page and click on StripSteak.

John Curtas, a local food critic at KNPR radio, had a different reaction, saying that it "may be serving the best beef in town, with a winning wine list, but little else."  Click here for an audio review.

I had to bookmark your restaurant guide and will consult it when I'm going to Vegas next time. I'm seriously tempted to try Joel Robuchon, I just don't know if I can get my wife to go along with it costing that much. That and her sister+husband might not be willing to pay close to $500pp. Might be able to swing LeAtelier