• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Christmas Puddings

Helen and I just got back from London so we are stocked up on Xmas puddings from the Borough Market :biggrin: Where are you getting yours this Christmas.? I picked up some brandy butter from Meinhardt's today any other sources?

Cheers,

Stephen

"who needs a wine list when you can get pissed on dessert" Gordon Ramsey Kitchen Nightmares 2005

MY BLOG

I picked up some brandy butter from Meinhardt's today any other sources?

Why the hell would you buy brandy butter - it's not like it's complicated to make?

6 tablespoons brandy

6 oz (175 g) unsalted butter, at room temperature

6 oz (175 g) soft dark brown sugar or white sugar, depending on preference

Cream butter and sugar together.

Gradually stir beat brandy into the butter and sugar mix.

Place in the refrigerator until needed.

Serve with Christmas pudding, toast, mince pies, or what have you. Melt and serve warm over ice cream.

Edited by Viola da gamba (log)

I picked up some brandy butter from Meinhardt's today any other sources?

Why the hell would you buy brandy butter - it's not like it's complicated to make?

6 tablespoons brandy

6 oz (175 g) unsalted butter, at room temperature

6 oz (175 g) soft dark brown sugar or white sugar, depending on preference

Cream butter and sugar together.

Gradually stir beat brandy into the butter and sugar mix.

Place in the refrigerator until needed.

Serve with Christmas pudding, toast, mince pies, or what have you. Melt and serve warm over ice cream.

Thanks for the recipe but no time to make anything this time of year.

Cheers,

Stephen

"who needs a wine list when you can get pissed on dessert" Gordon Ramsey Kitchen Nightmares 2005

MY BLOG

The one I picked up is totally organic with all ingredients sourced from the Borough Market...so sentimental in a way and it's been aged and kept moist with large amounts of alcohol for the last 4 months. So I'm hoping it is really good on the 25th.

Stephen

MY BLOG