• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sushi?

rachiesarah

The best I found was Momo Taro, on Rockville Pike across from the King Farm development, but that's not saying much. I would avoid Hinode and Niwano Hana in Rockville You're better off heading in to Kotobuki, Kaz, or Sushi Ko downtown.

Edited by hjshorter (log)

Heather Johnson

In Good Thyme

The best I found was Momo Taro, on Rockville Pike across from the King Farm development, but that's not saying much.  I would avoid Hinode and Niwano Hana in Rockville  You're better off heading in to Kotobuki, Kaz, or Sushi Ko downtown.

Heather and I have a longstanding disagreement on this, but I'm a fan of Niwano Hana. Momo Taro is also good.

• 2 weeks later...

I really like Yirasai Sushi on the corner of Ridgefield Road and Westbard Avenue in Bethesda. It is small, but has great food, friendly sushi chefs and waitresses, and a gorgeous interior. It is quite affordable, local, and not a chain.

Is it possible to find GOOD Sushi - in Montgomery County?

Affordable-ish? Locally?

Not from a grocery store??

Please help....sub-par is fustrating.

Thanks much.

• 2 weeks later...
Actually, all that is needed for "good sushi" is excellent and fresh fish.  After that it is all presentation.

Here's a good word for the Sushi House on Rockville Pike (near the halal butcher as well as the local Crisp and Juicy). I go every other week or so and the sushi is pretty good though I would avoid the ika.

If you want better directions I can try and provide them.