• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Where to go for birthday dinner?

viann

Hey everyone, I just need some help with picking out a good place for a birthday dinner with the family! I've heard that these restaurants offer great food, but I need the best one (one with a good menu of beef/non beef mains, as well as desserts)!! So I've narrowed the list down to: Parkside, Cru, Vij's, LK Dining Lounge, Nu... please help!!! :rolleyes: too hard of a decision for me to make :sad: !!! As well, name your fav dishes from your top pick!!

Thanks so much :wub:

My choice would always be Parkside, unless there were young children, who might find the pace of a meal there a bit slow. I'm definitely a carnivore but there are always good seafood choices and vegetarian options as well. Desserts have never disappointed. (I may be Parkside's biggest fan, though, so you may want to take my recommendation with a grain of salt.)

I have had good meals at Cru, also; but I can offer no guidance for the other spots. I'm sure others will chime in!

Agenda-free since 1966.

Foodblog: Power, Convection and Lies

Hey everyone, I just need some help with picking out a good place for a birthday dinner with the family!  I've heard that these restaurants offer great food, but I need the best one (one with a good menu of beef/non beef mains, as well as desserts)!!  So I've narrowed the list down to: Parkside, Cru, Vij's, LK Dining Lounge, Nu...  please help!!!  :rolleyes: too hard of a decision for me to make  :sad: !!!    As well, name your fav dishes from your top pick!!

Thanks so much  :wub:

Vij's might be a little difficult, as I don't believe they accept reservations. How many people do you expect to attend the dinner?

"If cookin' with tabasco makes me white trash, I don't wanna be recycled."

courtesy of jsolomon

Hey everyone, I just need some help with picking out a good place for a birthday dinner with the family!  I've heard that these restaurants offer great food, but I need the best one (one with a good menu of beef/non beef mains, as well as desserts)!!  So I've narrowed the list down to: Parkside, Cru, Vij's, LK Dining Lounge, Nu...  please help!!!  :rolleyes: too hard of a decision for me to make  :sad: !!!    As well, name your fav dishes from your top pick!!

Thanks so much  :wub:

Vij's might be a little difficult, as I don't believe they accept reservations. How many people do you expect to attend the dinner?

OH, darn! Totally forgot!! It would be dinner for 5, on a Friday night..

For Beef, I would have to say Hamilton St. Grill. I have gone there with non beefy friends and they have enjoyed the other menu items.

The sea was angry that day my friends... like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli.

George Costanza

Is the dinner for this Friday? Everyone's getting pretty busy (if my recent attempts at reservations are any indicator) so call for reservations tonight, and be prepared to settle for second or third pick, I'd say.

Of your initial choices: Parkside, Cru, and Nu. The other recommendation of Hamilton St Grill is also a solid pick.

Discloser - I do work with some of the above restaurants. But that shouldn't negatively impact anyone's view of these restaurateurs' sanity.

Laura Fauman

Vancouver Magazine