• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Molecular Gastronomy... web sites?

John Woods

OK... here goes. I've decided to begin the process of trying my hand at some molecular gastronomy. (Yes, motivated by Blumenthal and Aria and all those pretty pictures) I feel it's time to bring this new science to the Atlanta market. As far as literature or web-sites, are there any that stand out in particular? AKA... for the layman to understand. Your help in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Executive Chef

The Villa

Alpharetta, Georgia

OK... here goes. I've decided to begin the process of trying my hand at some molecular gastronomy. (Yes, motivated by Blumenthal and Aria and all those pretty pictures) I feel it's time to bring this new science to the Atlanta market. As far as literature or web-sites, are there any that stand out in particular? AKA... for the layman to understand. Your help in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

John~

On this website, I would think that THIS SEARCH would give you a start, if not for other websites to look at, then people here who are particularly involved. You can PM them and ask, or post on the other threads .

Obviously right here on eG is huge. You can learn a lot here. Also, ideasinfood, is brilliant.

Keep in mind that everyone has a different definition of "molecular gastronomy" so simply looking for "MG" sites is going to yield a lot of different results.

There's also this link for a broad overview of the better known chemicals and such trendy in the MG pantry.

Hungry in Hogtown MG Pantry

And where to buy some of this stuff.

WillPowder

L'Epicerie

Obviously right here on eG is huge.  You can learn a lot here.  Also, ideasinfood, is brilliant.

Keep in mind that everyone has a different definition of "molecular gastronomy" so simply looking for "MG" sites is going to yield a lot of different results.

There's also this link for a broad overview of the better known chemicals and such trendy in the MG pantry.

Hungry in Hogtown MG Pantry

And where to buy some of this stuff.

WillPowder

L'Epicerie

Thanks all of you for your help in pointing me in the right direction.

I promise that when I begin the process I will post all my failures and successes and hopefully my camera will get some pics as well. 1000 thanks!

Executive Chef

The Villa

Alpharetta, Georgia