• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Valrhona's New Grand Cru's

Stephanie Wallace

From Valrhona's site:

Alpaco %66:

Grand Cru de Terroir from Ecuador. Experience a chocolate combining strength and finesse: delicate floral flavors (jasmine, orange blossom)… lovingly wrapped in pronounced chocolate notes which make it both calm and powerful.

Taïnori %64

It gradually lets us discover the flavors of yellow fruit followed by notes of citrus and ending with a prolonged nutty note lingering on a background of cocoa and freshly baked bread

Has anyone tried these/found a source for them in the U.S.?

Formerly known as "Melange"

Hum...I have heard some buzz about these but havn't tried them myself yet...I am guessing that they should come over to the USA soon...I will contact Chocosphere.com to see if they are getting some in soon..they usually have all the good stuff...

-Robert

Chocolate Forum