• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sign in to follow this  
wizpers

Power Failure !

:huh: Which restaurants have a generator? can be interesting to know in the future I guess.

:huh: Which restaurants have a generator? can be interesting to know in the future I guess.

Hotel restaurants like Renoir, Verses, S et al most likely have generators.

Random question!

which restaurants stock pile bottled water, dry goods, candles, blankets, and batteries?

which restaurants have bomb shelters?

:P

"Bells will ring, ting-a-ling-a-ling, ting.... the bell... bing... 'moray" -John Daker

which restaurants stock pile bottled water, dry goods, candles, blankets, and batteries?

which restaurants have bomb shelters?

:P

Similarly, which restaurant Maitre'd will plunge an EpiPen in my quadricep in the event I go into anaphylactic shock from a bad mussel?

This is information I need to know!

Rotisserie Laurier used to have one - I would guess they still do.

Rotisserie Laurier used to have one - I would guess they still do.

That's good to know.

Because when the lights go out, there's nothing I crave more than chicken on a spit.

my buddy sam has a cabin 10 miles outside kuujjuaq, and he has a generator hooked up.

"Bells will ring, ting-a-ling-a-ling, ting.... the bell... bing... 'moray" -John Daker

it actually would have been good to have had this info last Friday, during that mini ice-storm, b/c St-Laurent from Mount Royal north to at least Little Italy was all dark and powerless.

Then again, I don't know how far I would have been willing to walk in freezing rain for a resto with a generator. :raz:

"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the ocean."

--Isak Dinesen

Lost power a few nights ago and wandered over to L'Express, where they informed me they are fully equiped with generators to feed us til 2am through the winter. Very good to know.

Sign in to follow this