• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dick Ann's burgers !

toto2

I took a friend to Dick Ann's for bugers at there Anjou location . What a time warp ! Uniformed ladies take your order. For me , it was a Hi-Boy , all dressed with fries.

The Hi-boy is a thin all beef pattie , cooked in a slightly spicy meat sauce , served with crunchy iceberg lettuce and a tomato slice , some onions and in a flat bun that seems to be made just for them. The fries are homemade and crunchy. A very nice burger moment , in an orange higlight decor straight out of the 70's !

Dick Ann's is trully a Montreal institution !

Anyone has one of those institution ( beside the usuall suspect like Shwarts etc ?)

visit my fondation: www.ptitslutins.org

I started a food blog : http://antoniodelaruepapineau.blogspot.com/

(in french)

I took a friend to Dick Ann's for bugers at there Anjou location . What a time warp ! Uniformed ladies take your order. For me , it was a Hi-Boy , all dressed with fries.

The Hi-boy is a thin all beef pattie , cooked in a slightly spicy meat sauce , served with crunchy iceberg lettuce and a tomato slice , some onions and in a flat bun that seems to be made just for them. The fries are homemade and crunchy. A very nice burger moment , in an orange higlight decor straight out of the 70's !

Anyone has one of those institution ( beside the usuall suspect like Shwarts etc ?)

Mmmmmmm......Dick Ann's..........my wife introduced them to me a few years back. It's a must stop on our way to Montreal when we make our trip to stock up at the SAQ. The location we go to is sureal. The wall of huge orders makes me chuckle.

officially left egullet....

When I was a kid my mom would take me to the now defunct Deli City on the Main, just up from Schwartz's (why is it nobody can spell that?) for karnatzel and a stuffed chicken sandwich. God knows what was in that deli meat but man, ignorance was bliss.

Lafleur's was another greasy favourite growing up ... the one in Ville St. Pierre near the entrance to the 20. Those fries just love to soak up vinegar and ketchup. Not necessarily in that order.

The original Brown Derby in Snowdon was classic. The breakfast was so key, especially with those little challah rolls they would put on the table and the smoked meat "bacon". Yum.

A good Dilallo burger.

A meatball sub at Momesso's on Upper Lachine.

La Binerie.

Cote-St-Luc BBQ.

The cheesecake at Ben's.

Damn I'm hungry. I think I'll go to La Banquise for a poutine right about now.

Mmmmmmm......Dick Ann's..........my wife introduced them to me a few years back. It's a must stop on our way to Montreal when we make our trip to stock up at the SAQ. The location we go to is sureal. The wall of huge orders makes me chuckle.

stock up at the saq??!?! man you got problems!!!!!!

...stock up at the saq??!?! man you got problems!!!!!!

should have added "....on French wine that the LCBO does not get their mits on"....although it is a very accurate statement with respect to our wine buying habits.

officially left egullet....

SAQ prices for Burgundy are impressive!

The selection is really good and the service is really good.

Look at the LCBO web-site, SAQ got way more fine wines.

I need a good burger! I am always at Holt eating their sandwiches!

SAQ prices for Burgundy are impressive!

The selection is really good and the service is really good.

Look at the LCBO web-site, SAQ got way more fine wines.

I need a good burger! I am always at Holt eating their sandwiches!

La Paryse ... how could I forget? Best burger joint in town.

• 4 weeks later...

Dic Ann's just recently opened up a local branch near us on St. Jacques Blvd in NDG, and we have quickly become addicted to their hamburgers, hotdogs & unique sauce. Great fries too, thin & crisp-fried in peanut oil.

Be prepared to eat them on-site though - I stopped in last night to get some burgers to go, and they refused to put the sauce on the side (!), thus guaranteeing the lower buns would dissolve into mush by the time I got home. Apparently they are paranoid about customers reverse-engineering the special sauce. (C'mon, everyone knows it's just mayo left out in the sun...) ;-)