• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

celeriac tops

phlawless

I was wondering if anyone uses the tops of celery root, maybe similar to parsley?

I have a celeriac for this evening. It will be going into a gratin with some potatoes. I thought I might throw the top into into the stockpot with some other vegetables for a vegetable stock.

I make celeriac in olive oil and if the leaves and stems are in good condition (often they are curled and split), I chop some and put it in just before I add the water.

Recipe - Celeriac with Olive Oil

"Los Angeles is the only city in the world where there are two separate lines at holy communion. One line is for the regular body of Christ. One line is for the fat-free body of Christ. Our Lady of Malibu Beach serves a great free-range body of Christ over angel-hair pasta."

-Lea de Laria