• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Ballotins

Desiderio

I found some type of ballotins on the dutch web site http://www.kroese-exclusief.com/en/index.php I know some people ordered from them and they were very pleased ,but their minimum order is 150 euro wich right now is quite bit of dollars, plus I am afraid of the shipping costs, I already spent lots of cash on supplys , chcolates and stuff , but I need to get some more boxes.

So this ballotins are adorable and I didnt find this type here in the states

Does anyone knows if I can find these type here in the states?

Thank you :smile:

Edited by Desiderio (log)

Vanessa

Thank you Jeanne :smile:

I just got an email from Rogier ( Kroese-Exclusief ) since I did place an order to see the price for my shipping, He is indeed awesome , always willing to help and cut you a break.My total order for boxes is 255 boxes ( assorted sizes) the total in $ would be around 274 wich will be 1.75 cents ( more or less ) per box.

Definately not too bad since the shipping is included in that price.

Vanessa

I found some type of ballotins  on the dutch web site http://www.kroese-exclusief.com/en/index.php 

Looks like you got a good deal - I love when manufacturers are accommodating and nice.

You know, the biggest question I have about this is why the girl in the picture has the box of chocolates on her head.. Is the suggestion that you should surprise her by hypnotising her to hit herself on the head with any edible gift she receives?

I love kroese-exclusief's selection and it does sound like you got a deal.

For future reference the cheapest source I've found for ballotins in the States is through Innovative Packaging Group.They do not make the boxes, but rep the manufacturer. Their number is 1-800-421-9309. You will need a tax i.d. They are wholesale only. Ask for any and all confectionary and chocolate catalogs to be sent to you. I remember in a post long ago someone mentioned how much they loved Woodhouses packaging, One of my catalogs is the company that's does their boxes.

Eleven colors of ballotins and a sample of prices as follows.

2pc box....for 50, .29ea...for 200, .22ea. For 1000, .20ea

4pc .45 .34 .31

1/4lb .83 .62 .57

1/2 1.16 .87 .80

1lb 1.43 1.07 .98

custom printed cups, pads, ribbon, stickers, all the bells and whistles, great prices.

I have used Glerup Revere before and been very happy with their pricing and customer service.

Alana I use them all the time, and yes I am always very please with them and their customer service.This ballotines I am talking about though are different and I havent seen them around here.My husband think that ballotins might not be convenient for packaging and stuff he prefer the clear ones, actually he wants to make me some wodden boxes and see if he can produce them in bigger scale , will see.

Hey I found another option at the Glerup group, they have some square kraft boxes that would be adorable with some thicker ribbon and stuff.

Vanessa

Glerup does the custom packaging for Woodhouse and Fran's. I get most of my packaging from them and my wooden boxes from crate ideas.

Glerup's 2 layer ballotins are cute and they have some new one layer ballotins which seem to come in quite an array of colors.

Vanessa,

I've ordered a few times from Kroese-Exclusief, and they are an amazingly good vendor. Rogier is incredibly accommodating, and makes an exceptional product. Even with shipping, I think his prices are really very reasonable. I think you'll fall in love with the product.

Which reminds me...I'm needing more boxes here soon. I'd best give Rogier a call on Monday!

Vanessa,

I've ordered a few times from Kroese-Exclusief, and they are an amazingly good vendor.  Rogier is incredibly accommodating, and makes an exceptional product.  Even with shipping, I think his prices are really very reasonable.  I think you'll fall in love with the product.

Which reminds me...I'm needing more boxes here soon.  I'd best give Rogier a call on Monday!

You are right about Rogier, he is amazingly helpfull and accomodating,and yes I adore their products.

Vanessa