• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Limited Edition KitKat

Akiko

Dark and white chocolate limited edition Kit Kats - now available in Seattle - on display at Bartell's Drugs.

Freeze 'em...they kick ass frozen.

The dark choc that is - - don't care for the white choc, since it's not choc.

...I thought I had an appetite for destruction but all I wanted was a club sandwich.

Dark and white chocolate limited edition Kit Kats - now available in Seattle - on display at Bartell's Drugs.

Yes!!! Can I ask which Bartell's you saw them at? As soon as I post this I'm running up to Broadway to check.

I did have a white chocolate "Big Kat" Kit Kat that MsRamsey brought back from England (thanks :smile: ). Loved it! Clearly white chocolate and not "white coating". Can't wait to get my hands on the dark...

Nooooo!! The Broadway Bartell had nothing - they suck :angry: . Though I did buy a Violet Crumble to sooth my dissapointment. I'm beginning to think this whole thing is a just a cruel joke and they don't actually exist. :hmmm:

Edited by nightscotsman (log)

I'm beginning to think this whole thing is a just a cruel joke and they don't actually exist.  :hmmm:

I have a couple darks and a white in the freeze at home...I'll have one tonight in your honor after work.

Them darks is pretty good.

:biggrin:

...I thought I had an appetite for destruction but all I wanted was a club sandwich.

I'm beginning to think this whole thing is a just a cruel joke and they don't actually exist.  :hmmm:

I have a couple darks and a white in the freeze at home...I'll have one tonight in your honor after work.

Them darks is pretty good.

:sad::angry:

Try KMart. That's the only place I've seen the white ones so far down here in the Bay Area, but I'll admit I haven't looked very hard. And I didn't look for dark ones. They were in the special seasonal, Christmas, aisle. Not too bad. . . . :smile:

Hubby brought back some milk chocolate UK version and orange also from UK

I still don't like kit kats - but the orange one was really bizarre. Me and the kid hated it (the kid likes kit kats) hubby liked it. Matter of taste.

Stop Tofu Abuse...Eat Foie Gras...

www.cuisinetc-catering.blogspot.com

www.cuisinetc.net

www.caterbuzz.com

Score!!! Finally hunted down the mythical white and dark Kit Kats while on safari at U Village. Good thing I had my tranquilizer dart gun with me. Big thumbs up on both flavors, especially the dark.

I now take back all the nasty, unkind things I was thinking about all of you for taunting me. :biggrin:

I can not attest to the milk chocolate or dark chocolate KitKats but I did, on my flight over to Nepal (I can't remember if it was the AA flight or the BA flight--I actually think it was on AA from JFK to London), have the opportunity to sample a mini chunky KitKat. SO superior to our American skinny! So much so that after my trek while I was wandering around KTM I tried to re-live the experience and ended up with a sad imitation--an Indian KitKat (same skinny bar different chocolate ratios and components). Could it be that I actually had a dark chocolate KitKat chunky? It really was so superior to our skinny that I now think it's unlikely the improvement can be attributed to the chunky factor alone. Maybe I'm just hungry.

Ellen Shapiro

www.byellen.com

Saw two more new candy bars this weekend.

Snickers with almonds

and

Crunch with caramel

The Snickers was good, very much like a Mars bar - definitely to my liking as I subjectively prefer almonds to peanuts.

The Crunch was ok. Better than the regular ones (I mean, it can't hurt to add caramel to something can it?) - there is a thin layer of caramel running down the middle of the bar and they are more a Snickers-type shape than the usual Hershey-type shape.

I don't care much for Crunch bars...but of course, I had to try it.

• 2 weeks later...

Score! At the Fairway in Harlem they are selling a selection of candy bars imported from the UK--Cadbury and similar quality (can you believe it?). There at the checkout line I found the KitKat chunky. In my haste, I ignored the other varieties but I have noticed this trend around the city because when I recently visited Economy Candy downtown, they had a selection too (no KitKat), though not as good.

Edited by Ellen Shapiro (log)

Ellen Shapiro

www.byellen.com