• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

My turkey injection marinade

JLam

I just noticed the fried turkey thread. I did one this year and it was great...I also created an injectable marinade that I'd like to share. It was really, really flavorful.

You'll have to pardon my lack of specific measurements. I rarely take measurements when I'm fooling around in the kitchen, so I'll try to guesstimate.

First, I dry roasted some spices on the stovetop. I used bay leaves, sage, thyme, coriander, peppercorns and mustard seeds. I cooked them until they were fragrant, then ground them into a fine powder.

Then I sauteed one white onion and 4 or 5 cloves of garlic until the onions were a bit mushy. To that I added a few tablespoons of lemon juice, a few tablespoons of cider vinegar and some salt and let that cook down a bit.

I tossed that mixture into the food processor along with the powdered spices. I spun it round in the food processor until the onions and garlic had liquefied. I then strained it to remove any remaining solids.

The result was a somewhat spicy, kinda tangy, generally yummy, very thin sauce that I was able to inject into my turkey. It was really good.

"Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit." -- Anthony Bourdain

Promote skepticism and critical thinking. www.randi.org