• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Need Lunch Suggestion for Las Vegas

A friend and I need a suggestion for a long, leisurely, wine-soaked lunch somewhere delicious on a Saturday.  A lot of places I look at are only dinner.  We're having breakfast at Bouchon the next day and all other meals are planned.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Bartolotta's at the Wynn does lunch and they do have a tasting menu that is not listed on the menu

Eliot Wexler aka "Molto E"

MoltoE@restaurantnoca.com

SLC, I had lunch on Saturday at Eiffel Tower Restaurant at Paris, Las Vegas back in late Oct. 2006. What I had was pretty decent and the view was gorgeous. If you can schedule it right, you can see the Fountains of Bellagio show from the restaurant.

However, if you and your friend want a diversion far away from the Strip, may I suggest driving out to Henderson, NV to a pizza place called Settebello Pizzeria. Authentic Napoletana pizza with the blessing of the Italian government. It's a casual place with an Italian wine list.

You said that you want a wine-soaked lunch. Well, across the parking lot from Settebello is this new place called Valley Cheese and Wine. Bob & Kristin are wonderful people. I think they do wine tastings. Give them a call, if you wish. Tell them Russ sent you.

Russell J. Wong aka "rjwong"

Food and I, we go way back ...

A friend and I need a suggestion for a long, leisurely, wine-soaked lunch somewhere delicious on a Saturday.  A lot of places I look at are only dinner.  We're having breakfast at Bouchon the next day and all other meals are planned.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Mesa Grill is fantastic for lunch. I'm sure you can get whatever wine you'd want as well. They're great if you want just a bite, a salad, or something more. Circo at Bellagio still does lunch, last I remember they do fountain shows during the say on the weekends.

Thank you very much these suggestions. We have a reservation at Eiffel Tower but I think we are going to change our approach and go to a couple of nice restaurant bars and have glasses of wine and some sort of snack.

Thanks!

If anyone needs Houston suggestions come on over to the Texas board....

• 3 weeks later...

Leisurely lunches in Vegas are becoming less and less rare, while the opposite can be said for dinner. My vote goes to Olives at the Bellagio. It has a nice and relaxed atmosphere that is great for lounging with good wine and food.

Sensi in the Bellagio is also a great lunch option, though not as relaxed or leisurely (I find this is because they strive to be "trendy" as opposed to "comfortable".)

Mon Ami Gabi is a dencent-enough French bistro with a nice selection of French wines, including quite a few by the glass. I love it in the spring and fall, when it is neither too hot nor too cold outside on the patio overlooking the Strip.

Circo and Bartolotta (Bellagio and Wynn, respectively) both recently stopped serving lunch.