• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Tea stores in Montreal

doronin

Just moved to Montreal... So much to discover yet :)

Could you recomend few good tea stores in Montreal?

I'm mostly into pure green teas from Japan and China, but like to taste others on occasion...

Thanks,

Dmitry

Not so fast Ian.

There are a lot of other people out there working the tea beat and Camellia isn't necessarily for everyone (my boss went there recently and found it too serious), or nearby in all cases. This summer I found another nice tea shop on Laurier called Esprit de The at 112 Laurier W. Thay also have a new line of tea chocolates from Christophe Morel. Very nice.

Not so fast Ian.

There are a lot of other people out there working the tea beat and Camellia isn't necessarily for everyone (my boss went there recently and found it too serious), or nearby in all cases. This summer I found another nice tea shop on Laurier called Esprit de The at 112 Laurier W. Thay also have a new line of tea chocolates from Christophe Morel. Very nice.

You're absolutely right ... Esprit is a nice shop.

• 4 weeks later...

If you're looking for teas from Marriage Freres (as I have been for the past 9 months since my Parisian supply ran out) you can now find them at La Maison d'Emilie on Laurier. They have a few flavors in tins and a few more in bulk. :smile: