• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pumpkin pie with marshmallows inside?

sharding

I hope you all can help me with a little recipe archeology. My wife has a childhood memory of making a pumpkin pie which had marshmallows (presumably melted) actually mixed in with the pie filling. The marshmallows weren't on top, and there weren't marshmallow chunks in the pie, it was completely incorporated. She'd like to try to make it again, but we can't find a recipe like that. She made it as a small girl when she was in Girl Scouts, so it was probably a pretty simple recipe. I've searched around the web and I haven't come up with anything that looks right. We could probably try to invent something, but since the goal is replicating what she had in her childhood, it would be better to find the actual recipe.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Do any of you have a recipe like this buried away somewhere?

Thanks!