• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chocolate/confectionary supplies

annachan

I found a great place to get my holiday supplies for making candies and truffles.

Marque Foods

322 Littlefield Ave.

South San Francisco

888-882-7288

This is a great place to get chocolate in bulk at good prices. Other than their "store brand" Belgium chocolate, there are also E. Guittard, Callebaut, Scharffen Berger, Valrhona, and Weiss (it's amazing stuff!).

Other than chocolate (44 lbs), we also got some coconut, vanilla beans (Madagascar - $22 for 4oz!!!! About 20 beans in all!!!!), and a box of Paillete Feuillentine.

Chocolate transfer sheet (can order custom made ones), praline paste, cocoa nibs and powder, chocolate decorations, nuts and nut flour, flavoring, gelato ingredients are some of the products you can find there.

If you want to pick up some stuff there personally (they will deliver for free on orders over $100, I assume in the Bay Area), call ahead and make an appointment. It was good that we did that as we got to taste some of the chocolate before we decided which brand to pick. Susana was the sales rep who helped us and she was really great.

Just remember, most items are sold in bulk. The website gives you a good idea on what they carry. Have fun shopping!

I found a great place to get my holiday supplies for making candies and truffles.

Marque Foods

322 Littlefield Ave.

South San Francisco

888-882-7288

This is a great place to get chocolate in bulk at good prices. Other than their "store brand" Belgium chocolate, there are also E. Guittard, Callebaut, Scharffen Berger, Valrhona, and Weiss (it's amazing stuff!).

Other than chocolate (44 lbs), we also got some coconut, vanilla beans (Madagascar - $22 for 4oz!!!! About 20 beans in all!!!!), and a box of Paillete Feuillentine.

Chocolate transfer sheet (can order custom made ones), praline paste, cocoa nibs and powder, chocolate decorations, nuts and nut flour, flavoring, gelato ingredients are some of the products you can find there.

If you want to pick up some stuff there personally (they will deliver for free on orders over $100, I assume in the Bay Area), call ahead and make an appointment. It was good that we did that as we got to taste some of the chocolate before we decided which brand to pick. Susana was the sales rep who helped us and she was really great.

Just remember, most items are sold in bulk. The website gives you a good idea on what they carry. Have fun shopping!

Thanks I will have to check them out.