• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Colorado lamb

SuY

May I ask why Colorado lamb particularly?

I ask, as in my restaurant I used Jamison Farms, and love their lamb. They are located closer to you, in Latrobe, PA. You can order online.

-Paul

Remplis ton verre vuide; Vuide ton verre plein. Je ne puis suffrir dans ta main...un verre ni vuide ni plein. ~ Rabelais

May I ask why Colorado lamb particularly? 

I ask, as in my restaurant I used Jamison Farms, and love their lamb.  They are located closer to you, in Latrobe, PA.  You can order online.

Ditto Jamison. I order from them all the time. They will butcher to your specifications and are very nice people. Their lamb is superb.

In NYC, you can get Colorado lamb at Ottomanelli's in the villiage.

Actually I prefer the lamb from upstate NY. Look for 3 Corner Field Farm lamb at Union Square. The quality of NY lamb is so good IMO that there is very little reason to buy from outside.

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz

I agree with Doc, 3 Corner is really good. Flying Pigs also has lamb, but only occasionally.

John Deragon

foodblog 1 / 2

--

I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day -- Dean Martin

Lobel's lamb, like pretty much everything they sell, is phenomenal. It's either from Colorado or somewhere nearby (the website says "Rocky Mountain high-country"). Whenever I've been to the actual shop they've only had rib chops, but they have loin chops as well on the web site.