• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Advanced Chocolate Class with Jean-Pierre Wybauw

David J.

Thanks you.  I had to register just to say that this is the greatest post of all time.

Welcome ej, great place for a first post. Are you into chocolate in a big way?

Thanks you.  I had to register just to say that this is the greatest post of all time.

Welcome ej, great place for a first post. Are you into chocolate in a big way?

HI Kerry

It is a hobby for me. Enough to where I got one of those table-top tempers and an airbrush to recreate what I saw in a Norman Love demo in an old Pastry Arts and Design article. Not enough to sell them or anything. David's report really does reinforce all the lessons JPW tries to teach in his book.

This is a great forum. Thanks to everybody who has posted. You've all helped me a lot already. All of the problems I've had - difficulty in sealing molds, differences in chocolate viscosity (which David answered, I had no idea about the different Callebauts) - I"ve seen discussed on this forum already.