• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Philly food blogs

Mummer

I was late getting to the paper today (11/15,) so I just read Daniel Rubin's column on local food blogs.

Everybody also has an opinion, so read it and make your own. I've some new links to follow...

Charlie, the Main Line Mummer

We must eat; we should eat well.

My only complaint is that Daniel Rubin listed the smart-ass punk college kid from Minor Gourmandry ahead of long time eating icon Holly Moore. I was mainlining nitrates long before Andy reviewed his first bowl of pabulum.

Holly Moore

"I eat, therefore I am."

HollyEats.Com

Twitter

No mention of eGullet in the article. And the typically lame philly.com can't even correctly format the simple links. :rolleyes:

I prefer eGullet as the board of the cognoscenti rather than that over-moderated one for the masses. :wink:

As for the links, I find it easier to piece together two lines from the on-line version than to rekey them from the printed page. But you're right that the web publishing software could handle them better.

Charlie, the Main Line Mummer

We must eat; we should eat well.

I hope you all will excuse my patting myself on the back, but despite the appalling neglect of my main site (I blame you folks for making eG so much more fun to post to...) one thing I have been pretty good about is keeping my links page up to date.

www.philadining.com/links.html

I've been adding some automatic RSS feeds so that it now updates itself automatically with recent eGullet posts and Foobooz posts. I used to have Inky RSS feeds as well, but they would stall the page loading more often than updating it, but I'll keep working on that.

I'm trying to make it a comprehensive overview of Philly food-centric blogs, lists, websites, etc.

Hope it's helpful.

"Philadelphia’s premier soup dumpling blogger" - Foobooz

philadining.com

No mention of eGullet in the article. And the typically lame philly.com can't even correctly format the simple links. :rolleyes:

I prefer eGullet as the board of the cognoscenti rather than that over-moderated one for the masses. :wink:

As for the links, I find it easier to piece together two lines from the on-line version than to rekey them from the printed page. But you're right that the web publishing software could handle them better.

When I give a URL to someone that has a zillion get parameters which wrap around more than one line I go to http://www.tinyurl.com and generate a new link. There are browser extensions available to make it easy.

for example I just make a link to your page containing the links

http://tinyurl.com/y9gxht

Not really necessary for that URL but you see what I mean.

Dum vivimus, vivamus!