• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Recipe for a tea based punch?

thecuriousone

Hi All-Does anyone have any tea-based punch recipes they would like to share?

I'm looking for a savory beverage to serve the children and elders who do not want anything alcoholic with the turkey. That said, I remember a "Red Zinger Tea" punch that was served at a friends wedding. I remember thinking that this would be able to stand up to a, "Real meal" as an alternative to alcohol or water.

Thanks for any help, or any books you can refer me to.

I have used

this one

and

this one.

I have also made a hot tea punch using brewed tea mixed with spiced apple cider (you can even use the mix.)

I have found that if the tea is brewed double strength, then chilled before mixing with the cider or cider mix, it holds its flavor without becoming bitter.

I also like several of the Republic of Tea's flavored teas for a punch base.

The Mango Ceylon, Blackberry Sage and others, combine well with fruit juices.

Edited by andiesenji (log)

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett