• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Flavor marriage game.

GTO

Mottmott, you're going to get us all confused! (let's all just go with the LAST ingredient/flavor listed).*

Pumpkin and cranberries.

Cranberries.

*ETA-at least the feeble-minded like myself. :wink:

Edited by bavila (log)

Bridget Avila

My Blog

peppermint ice cream: pink and creamy and minty, made by the little old couple hear my childhood home who would give anybody with three As on their report card a free ice cream cone.

I always chose pinkpepperment candy ice cream!

Marlena the spieler

www.marlenaspieler.com

(did it really take 5 pages to get to chocolate? sheesh!)

I thought about it with oranges...but decided to take a detour instead.

:biggrin:

And I remember making a recipe once that was absolutely delicious that called for a whole bunch of stuff, including toffee bits and

SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK.

MelissaH

Oswego, NY

Chemist, writer, hired gun

Say this five times fast: "A big blue bucket of blue blueberries."

foodblog1 | kitchen reno | foodblog2

Whoa... one of my favourite things from childhood (and still to this day... who am I kidding?) is using sweetened condensed milk as a dip for freshly baked bread slathered in butter.

So, take your pick: freshly baked bread or butter. :smile:

Joie Alvaro Kent

"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2,000 of something." ~ Mitch Hedberg

heheh Freshly baked butter???

My fav is fresh bread and butter with MARMITE

NOW you're talkin!

bread and butter and marmite......

with baked beans! hot baked beans, and the bread is toasted and the marmite is thicker than it seems sane, and the butter even thicker.

and thats when the savory nature of canned baked beans can strut their stuff.

Marlena the spieler

www.marlenaspieler.com