• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Supreme eG Pastry and Baking Challenge (Round 8)

SweetSide

Hi everyone...

Here are the links to the fruitcake recipes on RecipeGullet:

Gingerbread Fruitcake

and

Pouncake-Like Fruitcake

If you have questions, please feel free to post or PM me. I'm not always clear on what I did. I still have to post the Eggnog Cream recipe...that's a bit of tough one because I don't think I took notes on what I did... :hmmm:

This is also my first time checking out the completed challenge -- great work! The gingerbread fruitcake is definitely on my list of things to try.

"If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced" - Vincent Van Gogh

Thanks Patrick. I'm sure it would have looked even more appetizing had you photographed it! The gingerbread fruitcake recipe is good even without the fruit and nuts. I think the original recipe calls for some coffee soaked raisins (and no other chunky stuff)...about a half a cup of raisins if I recall.