• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Coffee Shop or ...

SushiCat

Help, need to meet someone and coordinating locations - they will be dropped off on the Vancouver side of 2nd Narrows bridge - is there anything in this neighborhood / area worth a stop for coffee etc.?

Maybe the new Bosa ... anyone have anything else to say?

Edited by SushiCat (log)

The new Bosa is a little ways away from the 2nd Narrows (I can't get used to calling it the Iron Workers' Memorial) ... but they do have a coffee bar.

The Laughing Bean is a pretty good little coffee spot as well. The serve Bean around the World IIRC and have the usual assortment of Saran-wrapped baked goods.

Pho 99 is up Hastings (near Boundary). They've been drive-by-shooting free for months now :rolleyes: but serve the nest pho in the area IMO.

Or was it just coffee you were looking for? Cuz there's also a JJ Bean at Victoria & Venables.

A.

The new Bosa is a little ways away from the 2nd Narrows (I can't get used to calling it the Iron Workers' Memorial) ... but they do have a coffee bar.

The Laughing Bean is a pretty good little coffee spot as well.  The serve Bean around the World IIRC and have the usual assortment of Saran-wrapped baked goods.

Pho 99 is up Hastings (near Boundary).  They've been drive-by-shooting free for months now :rolleyes:  but serve the nest pho in the area IMO. 

Or was it just coffee you were looking for?  Cuz there's also a JJ Bean at Victoria & Venables.

A.

A whole month! Does that include hand grenades?

The Laughing Bean is a pretty good little coffee spot as well.  The serve Bean around the World IIRC and have the usual assortment of Saran-wrapped baked goods.

Or was it just coffee you were looking for?  Cuz there's also a JJ Bean at Victoria & Venables.A.

Was quite sure, but I double checked, and found that indeed The Laughing Bean does serve JJ Bean coffee. It's a great place too! :cool:

"If cookin' with tabasco makes me white trash, I don't wanna be recycled."

courtesy of jsolomon

Or was it just coffee you were looking for?  Cuz there's also a JJ Bean at Victoria & Venables.A.

Was quite sure, but I double checked, and found that indeed The Laughing Bean does serve JJ Bean coffee. It's a great place too! :cool:

You are correct sir!

A.