• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Daisy

slkinsey

FP, I had to play!

Not that I'll ask how you come by your contraband -- but, myself, I used Cana Brava.  For the calvados I employed Domaine du Manoir de Montreuil Reserve.  (You didn't expect me to waste twelve year old Laird's when calvados was called out, did you?)

Yes, I used a wineglass.  Not sure why.  No cucumber in house but I garnished with mint and a spent half lime -- sorry, force of habit.

This is really good.  As is everything I dump V.E.P. into.

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

I repeated the experiment today, except this time I substituted Neisson L'Esprit for the rum.  Also very good, although the calvados and the V.E.P. didn't come through as well as when I used Cana Brava.

The more than very good, I think the gainsbough daisy might make it into my regular rotation.

In the interest of full disclosure tonight I used a tumbler rather than a wine glass.

The problem with the gainsbough daisy, other than the name, is the lack of liquid.  A possibly related problem is the lack of ethanol.  Gainsbough would not be proud.