• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Ecole internationnale de Pâtisserie Olivier Bajard

donniedarko

Hello there!

I need some advices about this school...I was drifter about Le Cordon Bleu Paris and Olivier Bajard, but after read some comments about LCB, I guess Olivier Bajard school is the best option. And after seen school's action pics I was convinced that would be the best option.

This is the 20 weeks Program

• Week 1

Welcome and Presentation of School.

Organization and work’s development during the training.

History of french pastry.

Sanitation theory and practice Security.

Basic ingredients and their properties – Sensory analysis -

Technology and interactions of ingredients.

• Week 2

Bread traditional french - Pierre ZIMMERMANN - World Champion Baker -

• Week 3

Viennoiseries - Danish -

Cakes for Tea -

• Week 4

Tarts

French Classical Cakes

• Week 5

Dry and Smooth Cookies

Petits Fours based on nuts

Macaroons

• Week 6

Assembling Commercial Piece made with Chocolate

• Week 7

Ice-Cream - Bombes - Sorbets - Parfaits - Granités and their technology

• Week 8

Techniques and Basis of Artistic Sugar

• Week 9

Collections of Different Cakes

• Week 10

Chocolates Candies and Candy-Making - Instructor : Serge GRANGER - Meilleur Ouvrier de France Chocolatier

• Week 11

Plated Desserts – Desserts « à la minute » - Instructor : Oriol BALAGUER - BARCELONE -SPAIN -

• Week 12

Traditional French Christmas Desserts – Instructor : Sébastien BOUILLET - Member of Relais Dessert International - LYON -

• Week 13

Artistic Chocolate Showpiece - Stéphane LEROUX - Meilleur Ouvrier de France Pastry

• Week 14

Plated Dessert - Christophe MICHALAK - World Champion " Coupe du Monde"- Executive Pastry Chef PLAZA - ATHENEE - PARIS -

• Week 15

Artistic Sugar

• Week 16

Prestigious Cakes for festivity : Birthday, Wedding " Jour de fête"

• Week 17

Christmas Cakes - Candies Chocolate Bonbons

• Week 18

Plated Dessert - Instructor : Gilles MARCHAL - Executive Pastry Chef LE BRISTOL - PARIS -

• Week 19

The Basis of the Pastry Caterer

Canapés - Salty Petits Fours - Tourtes - Quiches

• Week 20

Conception and realization of a Prestige Buffet by the students’s program

Graduation ( Diploma delivery )

I really need to know if this would be a good investment...What do you think...

Much appreciated!

p.s. sorry about my English.

Marco André,

Portugal

Hi DD - I finished the 10 week program a few months ago and it was incredible.  I guarantee you'll get much more out of the experience than the regular schools.  PM me if you would like more details.

You've got PM. :cool:

Edited by donniedarko (log)

Marco

I feel comfortable answering on Ted's behalf...shiz is actually short for shizzle dizzle. In brief, it means excellent. The artist Snoop Dogg has basically invented this descriptor. Maybe Ted can provide more in depth historical background.

So, judging from knowledge of Mr. Bajard professional compentencies, of those who are scheduled to instruct, the pics on the website, and the testomony of bakerkel, the school might be described as being the shiz.

Best,

Rob

Marco

I feel comfortable answering on Ted's behalf...shiz is actually short for shizzle dizzle. In brief, it means excellent. The artist Snoop Dogg has basically invented this descriptor.  Maybe Ted can provide more in depth historical background.

So, judging from knowledge of Mr. Bajard professional compentencies, of those who are scheduled to instruct, the pics on the website, and the testomony of bakerkel, the school might be described as being the shiz.

Best,

Rob

Now I'm clarified. And yes, I have that opinion too about the school, judging from site pics, and bakerkel info etc...

Thanks, and:

Fo shizzle ma nizzle!

:raz:

Marco

I feel comfortable answering on Ted's behalf...shiz is actually short for shizzle dizzle. In brief, it means excellent. The artist Snoop Dogg has basically invented this descriptor.  Maybe Ted can provide more in depth historical background.

Best,

Rob

I thank you, Sir Rob, for answering the explanations on the shizzle and the finer points of 'The Dawg, YO!

Ted

PS: I made a record once in "The Valley" where Snoop, Dre and Tupac recorded some of their more 'Magnum Opus's'. That was rather interesting....

Edited by tan319 (log)

2317/5000