• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Eg Conversation Now Closed to New Questions

This eG Spotlight Conversation is now closed to new questions and followup comments. However, Dorie will be doing her final replies to your posts over the next few days.

Thanks to the eG Spotlight team that worked so well on this eG Conversation project for several months: Elie Nassar (Foodman), Patrick S, Phyllis Flick (Felice), and Pam Reiss (Pam R)...and to all the members who have contributed to making this a fascinating and informative eG Conversation with Dorie.

If you would like to post a thanks to Dorie Greenspan, please do so in this Topic.

Dorie, you have been one of the most delightful participants in an eG Conversation. Your replies were thorough, honest and very interesting. I thank you most sincerely.

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

Dorie,

Thanks so much for sharing your time with us this week. I hope you've had as good a time participating in the conversation as I've had reading your responses.

Your thoughtful posts have shown once again how much you enjoy what you do - and that you care about the readers enjoying your recipes and books. I'm so looking forward to trying many of the recipes (my book is plastered with post-it notes!) - and I have no doubt I'll enjoy them.

Take care,

Pam

I'd like to add my thanks to Dorie Greenspan and to everyone involved in this Spotlight Conversation. I'm new to eGullet and a fairly inexperienced baker and I have found Dorie's responses and the subsequent member posts really informative and interesting....baking seems a lot less threatening. It has been an engrossing read. Thanks again to all.

Thank you all.

Dorie, the fact that you are so approachable has done more to "sell" your latest book to me than anything else. And I'm not just referring to your accessibility on these forums -- your tone of writing in the cookbook makes the reader feel like a friend is recommending a recipe. "Try this. My family really liked it. And if you don't have walnuts, it's fine without them..."

~ Lori in PA

My blog: http://inmykitcheninmylife.blogspot.com/

My egullet blog: http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?showtopic=89647&hl=

"Cooking is not a chore, it is a joy."

- Julia Child

This is just a reminder that the eG Conversation with Dorie Greenspan is closed to new questions and comments. Dorie will be finishing her final responses to existing posts over the weekend.

Please do, however, feel free to post your thanks to Dorie in this topic.