• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Keller's Parisian gnocchi recipe from bouchon

chefmcone76

For the life of me I can not find my copy of Bouchon.  I loved the recipe for gnocchi.  Can anyone do me a favor and pass on his recipe.  Just measurements are fine as I remember the technique.

The recipe is here and as a bonus there is a video of him making the gnocchi.

I make the Parisienne style of Gnocchi a lot for specials and his recipe and technique is good. The only modification I made for mine was using a star tip instead of a straight tip when piping. It gives the finished product nice little ridges that hold a sauce beautifully.

• 1 year later...

I've been toying with the idea of making gnocchi as another way to use potatoes. A search for "gnocchi" here in the cooking forum turned up this thread. Of course, it doesn't use potato, but it seems to be prety tasty. I've made pate a choux before, so prepping and cooking the gnocchi its self should be fairly straightforward for me. From there, I can finish the gnocchi and whip up a sauce similar to what he does in the video.

Jeff Meeker, aka "jsmeeker"

Keller's gnocchi is amazingly easy.  Never made gnocchi before it, but it turned out light and fluffy and delicious.  I didn't have a KitchenAid, so I used my hands.  Easy!

Seems to me the biggest "trick" is actually forming the gnocchi so they are all equally sized. Bag in one hand, paring knife in another. I'm sure if I were to attempt it, I wold find it awkward at first. And would have a put full of differntly sized pieces.

I suppose the best way to do it squeeze out some, let them cook, remove to ice bath, then squeeze out more? Repeat until the choux paste is all done.

Jeff Meeker, aka "jsmeeker"

That's the way Keller suggests it. He even suggests setting up a pot next to the cooking pot to rest your arm on. I didn't find that necessary, though. Just hold the pastry bag up, squeeze, cut. You get into a rhythm quite easily. Cook them in small batches and transfer to a sheet to drain, then either freeze them or use them right away.

WiscoNole - there is a link to the gnocchi itself in the ingredients part of the mushrooms recipe, about two-thirds of the way down that list. Or, I've posted it here

And now I can add one more variation of gnocchi to the list of ones to make ... :wink: