• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Snacking - What are you on?

GTO

Sheena - I don't know why I posted the line to your name. Maybe I unconciously associate your name with any korean product/food. LOL Sorry.

Pork rinds are the best! Filipinos are born to love prok rinds. It's just in our blood. Right now I have a 2-ft long x 1-ft wide piggy skin that is waiting to be fried as pork rinds. I can't wait!

PS. Peppero haul this year is measly as kids don't have school tomorrow - Nov.11. Hubby only got 2 sticks from his 2 classes and he thinks that's it. I'll know more later.

Doddie aka Domestic Goddess

"Nobody loves pork more than a Filipino"

eGFoodblog: Adobo and Fried Chicken in Korea

The dark side... my own blog: A Box of Jalapenos

Sheena - I don't know why I posted the line to your name. Maybe I unconciously associate your name with any korean product/food. LOL Sorry.

Pork rinds are the best! Filipinos are born to love prok rinds. It's just in our blood. Right now I have a 2-ft long x 1-ft wide piggy skin that is waiting to be fried as pork rinds. I can't wait!

PS. Peppero haul this year is measly as kids don't have school tomorrow - Nov.11. Hubby only got 2 sticks from his 2 classes and he thinks that's it. I'll know more later.

I knew you would post back about my love for pork rinds!! I have seen huge sheets of them on tv before and well if I saw them locally I would snatch them up! Sometimes I like to let them "melt" on my tongue. yum yum

it's okay about posting my name, I too unconsciously associate you with both korean and filipino food! Also it doesn't help that we post in the same threads all the time :biggrin:

BEARS, BEETS, BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

Lately I've been baking chickpeas with raz el hamout spices... crunchy, spicy, lowfat, addictive... yummy!

Sarabeth...

I like chickpeas..in their original state. So, I am thinking I would enjoy your baked chickpeas!

PLEASE share...how do I go about doing this?

Me too!

Also shellfishfiend: pickled daikon dipped in sriracha - sounds

heavenly. Did you make the daikon pickle yrslef? Please share recipe?

Thanks in advance

Milagai

Milagai,

i can't take credit for the pickled daikon. it is purchased from my local Japanese market. I have tried both the Japanese and Korean versions, and prefer the Korean. To me, it is crunchier.

Preach not to others what they should eat, but eat as becomes you and be silent. Epicetus

Amanda Newton

Crunchy or smooth, LindsayAnn? Also, have you tried other nut butters like almond? I've tried cashew butter and it was fantastic.

Ahh I didn't specify....maybe cause I actually like both! Have both in the swivle (sp?) cabinet as I type. I like smooth more when on crackers...but on sandwhiches it just depends. I suppose I usually pick smooth though....

In terms of other nut butters...I have tried a few (can you count nutella as one? HAHA I have that in the cabinet...not too HUGE on it though - sorry all you nutella followers...I dont know what it is. Its good, just not my fav or anything).

I havent tried cashew butter specifically...it appears that I should eh'?

Currently eating blue cheese. Just purshased today from Whole Foods...Niel's Yard something-an-others. I get this one a lot...but I buy SOOO many cheese I dont really pay much attention to the names...I know what my guys look like on the cheese shelf.

MMMMM

Next to be eaten a Violet Crumble candy bar...hard to find these. I got it at World Cost Plus Market. Says its a switzerland product...figures all the good shit isnt American (well other than burgers and other greasy delacacies)....

"One Hundred Years From Now It Will Not Matter What My Bank Account Was, What Kind of House I lived in, or What Kind of Car I Drove, But the World May Be A Better Place Because I Was Important in the Life of A Child."

LIFES PHILOSOPHY: Love, Live, Laugh

hmmm - as it appears if you are eating good food with the ones you love you will be living life to its fullest, surely laughing and smiling throughout!!!

Well done for quitting smoking, petite.

Nuts and liquorice (yes that's how I spell it) are two of my absolute favourites, all that's needed is for someone to make nut flavoured liquorice, or liquorice rolled in crushed nuts and I'm sorted.

Hmm. What kind of nut would pair well with black liquorice do you think? Walnuts maybe? A dark, earthy, crunchy, chewy, slighty bitter snack. I'm there. :biggrin:

Shelley: Would you like some pie?

Gordon: MASSIVE, MASSIVE QUANTITIES AND A GLASS OF WATER, SWEETHEART. MY SOCKS ARE ON FIRE.

Twin Peaks

Iced Coffee with eggnog creamer (limited line for the holidays) or Gingerbread creamer (same applies) with Cinnaminn raison toasted bagel chips....MMMM good combo actually...perfect combo of sweet and sweet :)

"One Hundred Years From Now It Will Not Matter What My Bank Account Was, What Kind of House I lived in, or What Kind of Car I Drove, But the World May Be A Better Place Because I Was Important in the Life of A Child."

LIFES PHILOSOPHY: Love, Live, Laugh

hmmm - as it appears if you are eating good food with the ones you love you will be living life to its fullest, surely laughing and smiling throughout!!!

Dear Lindt,

I find it highly suspicious that you sell your holiday themed chocolates for half price. I am convinced that you are trying to make me eat an entire bag in one sitting. You have not succeeded yet, but I had three of the little balls before 9am today.

Please try to keep your product more expensive for my sake.

Thank you,

gini

Eating pizza with a fork and knife is like making love through an interpreter.