• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Tony Bourdain No Reservations: Seattle Airing

Tony Bourdain and his crew were here in Seattle (and Portland) this summer...filming for the No Reservations show.

I've just heard from their production folks and it looks like the Seattle episode is due to air February 5th. I heard Tony's effort at goeduck hunting was absolutely hysterical! I can't wait to see what else makes the cut.

Edited by scarlett (log)

Traca

Seattle, WA

blog: Seattle Tall Poppy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
The Seattle P.I. states the Bourdain's trek around the NW will air at 10pm this Monday, January 15 on the Travel Channel.  The close encounters with geoduck beach segment should be amusing...

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/food/298975_tf210.html

Thanks for the update....It should be interesting to see what makes it through the editing process. It sounds like at least one segment will be used in the international airing...but I got the impression, it won't be used for the one aired in the US.

Traca

Seattle, WA

blog: Seattle Tall Poppy

I'm so mad I missed this. I can't believe the Travel Channel doesn't repeat the episodes throughout the week. Hopefully it should sho up On Demand.

"Homer, he's out of control. He gave me a bad review. So my friend put a horse head on the bed. He ate the head and gave it a bad review! True Story." Luigi, The Simpsons

You and me both. I had the same old tv for 18 years, no issues. We get a fancy new lcd, it broke at the year mark and is in the shop. And I can't remember if we set the dvr to record it. Grrr. Thanks for the on demand tip, that's a feature I've never explored.

If anyone managed toi record the show I'd love to see it. Word on the street is that I got a nice little bit of very good air time here at Beecher's and I'd love to actually see it.

-Amir

Edited by Placebo (log)

Bacon starts its life inside a piglet-shaped cocoon, in which it receives all the nutrients it needs to grow healthy and tasty.

-baconwhores.com

Bacon, the Food of Joy....

-Sarah Vowell

If anyone managed toi record the show I'd love to see it.  Word on the street is that I got a nice little bit of very good air time here at Beecher's and I'd love to actually see it.

-Amir

Haha - I called my sweety into the room and said, "Look, it's Amir!" You got a lot of air time. Maybe not as flamboyantly as Bugge got with Paula's boys (poor Eric, pacing in the background) cooking in Matt's.

If anyone managed toi record the show I'd love to see it.  Word on the street is that I got a nice little bit of very good air time here at Beecher's and I'd love to actually see it.

-Amir

Hi Amir!

You got a great amount of air time. It was so fun to see you! I have it saved on my Tivo and can give you a DVD of it if you want. Or you can come on over to watch it - congratulatory drinks will be on me! PM me to work out the details.......

Lauren

Practice Random Acts of Toasting