• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

where do the wings go?

This may be a really naive question, but where do all the free-range chicken wings end up? There is a surfeit of free-range and sometimes organic chicken breast available in the supermarket, but I've only once seen organic drumsticks, and never the wings.

Does anyone know where they end up, and/or where I can buy them in Melbourne? Somewhere in the northern suburbs would be nice...

I used to see them all the time at the dedicated organic butcher. I think most supermarkets just dont have the shelf space to run two different ranges of wings like they do breasts. In all likelyhood, they just get mixed in with the non-free range and sold.

PS: I am a guy.

Northern suburbs... Carlton, Excell meat supplies, Lygon St, or Footscray MArket, not Northern, but close enough... lots of Asian butchers there

"Coffee and cigarettes... the breakfast of champions!"

• 2 months later...