• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rachellindsay

La Signora Caffettiera

4 posts in this topic

I have a very old design 'La Signora' caffettiera and it needs a new rubber seal. Does anyone know of anywhere online that supplies replacement parts for stove top coffee makers? This coffee pot is a thing of real beauty (and makes a good cup of coffee) and I'm loathe to throw it out when the seal finally falls apart. Thanks.

Sorry, I don't know where you can get replacement parts but I'm more interested in the pieces beauty and quality of coffee that it yields.

Do you have it where people can see it? If not, try to make it a focus that your customers can talk about. I thinks that's better than any advertising money you can spend.

I wish you good luck in finding a replacement part!

Be daring, be different, be impractical...

Coffeepinions

There is a gentleman in Maine named Andy Powell who was, awhile back, rumored to be making silicone replacement gaskets for old vacuum style coffee makers.

Casco Bay Molding

You might check them out in the event that one of the silicone seals they already offer happens to fit.

Thanks James and Phaelon....your advice is appreciated.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0