• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Last Minute Anniversary Reservation

bgut1

Realizing that its my wedding anniversary this weekend, I'm in a rush to make a restaurant reservation. Living in Monmouth County, the thought is to go to one of the new restaurants in Atlantic City. I've been itching to try Michael Mina's place in the Borgota - Sea Blue. However, a friend in the restaurant business tells me the decor in the place is pretty cold (blue theme through out) and the service is not up to par. Has anyone been? Other recommendations in AC? Buddakan at the Pier sounds fun however I wasn't thinking that it was "fancy" enough for an anniversary dinner. All help truly appreciated.

Edited by bgut1 (log)

Go to Dock's Oyster house.

"My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them." ~Winston Churchill

Morels- God's gift to the unworthy human species

Restaurant Nicholas and sit at the bar.

Just ate in the chef's table a month ago. No offense but no matter how nice the place, I would never sit at the bar for my anniversary dinner (we have eaten at the bar on other occassions). Instead we are considering David Drake. A lot closer to home and probably a nicer atmosphere than Sea Blue.

Edited by bgut1 (log)

I haven't been to the Fromagerie since David Burke took over but it could be worth a shot...

Taboni - I did think about the Fromagerie however, we ate at DB & Donatella not to long ago, and from the looks at the Fromagerie's website, the menus appear exactly the same. We wanted something different for this dinner. Thanks for the advice.

Edited by bgut1 (log)

David Drakes is fabulous. My husband and I are going on Monday for our birthdays and are really looking forward to it, even though we were just there a couple of weeks ago.

The food, the atmosphere and the service have been top notch every time we have been there.

They are closed on Sunday and definitely in need of a reservation for Saturday.

David Drakes is fabulous. My husband and I are going on Monday for our birthdays and are really looking forward to it, even though we were just there a couple of weeks ago.

The food, the atmosphere and the service have been top notch every time we have been there.

They are closed on Sunday and definitely in need of a reservation for Saturday.

Thanks nomistone. We have reservations for DD for Saturday. Have a happy birthday.