• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Favorite Holiday Treat, Food, Dish...

LindsayAnn

Oh, man... I'm hungry now...

My favorite is the post-Thanksgiving turkey sandwich, with good slices of dark meat on thick leftover bread, plus some cranberry sauce and mayo... yum. And cold pumpkin pie, snatching small slices of it when my mom isn't looking (we're the only two in the family that adore pumpkin pie, so it's a race to get the largest share of the leftovers :biggrin:)

And my dad's twice-baked potatoes. Excellent.

A few years ago, we added sauteed spinach with bacon, onions, and mushrooms to the traditional Thanksgiving lineup, and it's a big favorite now. Nothing fancy, just cooking everything in the bacon drippings... it's so good, and next to all the heavy stuff, it seems healthy! Look, we're eating greens! (hush, don't mention the bacon)

When we were younger and there were more turkey leftovers, my mom would make turkey tetrazzini a couple of days later. That was the *best* ever. I still haven't figured out a way to replicated it, and she's not sure which recipe she used or what she tweaked to make it so good.