• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Food and Beer Matching

I hope someone can help. I am sure that I have seen a place in London (maybe the City) that does an excellent range of beers and will match them to items on the menu.

I thought it was a bierkeller somewhere but cannot think. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Mju in Knightsbridge do it but the food (and service) are pretty ordinary so I wouldn't go out of my way.

I had a cherry beer on the tasting at Le Gavroche bit I can't remember the dish unfortunately.

Sure I saw Le Gavrcohe in Restaurant Magazine few months back promoting their wide choice of beers, which they would pair with your meal.

Not sure thats the one you meant to be honest.

I went into a French restaraunt and asked the waiter, 'Have you got frog's legs?' He said, 'Yes,' so I said, 'Well hop into the kitchen and get me a cheese sandwich.'

Tommy Cooper

Thanks guys. I remember Mju and Gavroche doing something as one offs but The White Horse is a new one to me. Had a look at their site and the range of beers is awesome - thanks bakerestates. I'll be there for sure.

Pretty sure it's not the one I was thinking of - still have a bee in my bonnet about a City bierkeller!