• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fundraiser at Rare a Success

nwyles

I wanted to post a little message for those you who might have skimmed over another thread and sends out some thanks to some people who jumped in and helped out when there was a need.

Here is the original thread. Clickety click

At the end of the evening we managed to raise about $13,000. I have yet to do the final tabulating.

Here is a list of the people in Vancouver on eGullet alone who helped make this happen. Even though organizing such an event in forum is not allowed, these people managed to find a way to make this happen, usually the old fashioned way.....email, telephone, smoke signals, secret handshakes.

Here is a list ( in no order , just how I am remembering them. ) I will use their eGullet handle.

nwyles

Chef Fowke

Irishgirl

John Jameson

TimK

Transfattyacid

Peppyre

Mooshmouse

Deborah

Foodie in Vancouver

Canucklehead

BC in BC

Andrew Morrison

KTBear

Barrett

Annanstee

Appreciator

Keith Talent

Daddy A

Vancouver Lee

KissMeKate

Tinhead

Chocolateer

Chocoholic

Kerry Beal

Zucchini Mama

Barolo

LauraF

SBonner

Vancitygirl

Wow, I had to go back and double check and I think I have missed someone. I am sorry to those people who might have been left off of the list.

That is an impressive show of support from a "community" of people who only know Tina Bacon ( CanadianBakin' ) as a name on an online food forum. Over the last few weeks, Tina has put a face to the disease and the plight of so many. All of the above people have personal reasons as to why they did what they did and I want to thank them all for sharing in this very special event in some way.

These people gave of their time, their talent, their organizing skills or, well, their money.

There were lots of pictures of this event and all of the things that led up to it. I will leave that for others to post as I am just not good at getting the pictures to the right size !!

Again, a heartfelt thank you from Neil Wyles to all of the people involved who helped make this amazing event happen.

For those of you who think I have turned into an old softy..................

it's true.

Neil

Edited by nwyles (log)

Neil Wyles

Hamilton Street Grill

www.hamiltonstreetgrill.com