• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Jean Claude

jpr54_

has anyone eaten at this restaurant recently

I am not familiar with it. Can you tell us anything about it?

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz

has anyone eaten at this restaurant recently

I am not familiar with it. Can you tell us anything about it?

Jean Claude is a small bistro on Sullivan Street in SoHo. I haven't been for a couple of years, but it has always delivered remarkable quality for the (low) price of a meal. The food is sophisticated, the menu small and carefully thought through. One small downer is that the wines on offer are chosen for rock-bottom prices; it isn't possible to reach for something interesting.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...
Jean Claude is a small bistro on Sullivan Street in SoHo. I haven't been for a couple of years, but it has always delivered remarkable quality for the (low) price of a meal. The food is sophisticated, the menu small and carefully thought through. One small downer is that the wines on offer are chosen for rock-bottom prices; it isn't possible to reach for something interesting.

I haven't eaten at Jean Claude in years, but this absolutely perfectly encapsulates my feelings about the place. Great post. Thanks.

Edited by Sneakeater (log)