• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fall Dessert Binge

paperwatermelon

Your recommendations on where you think the best places to find and buy fall desserts and treats? (Example: Pumpkin Pie).

Delicious Orchards in Colts Neck has a great Bakery Dept. Their pies are excellent and they have a vast assortment..apple, dutch apple, pumpkin, mince meat, coconut custard, etc..as well as the best apple cider donuts in NJ!

Pumpkin ice cream from Applegate Farm (Montclair) or Denville Dairy always hits the spot!!

What I'd love to find is some great pumpkin bread or pumpkin cheesecake...

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

Pumpkin ice cream from Applegate Farm (Montclair) or Denville Dairy always hits the spot!!

What I'd love to find is some great pumpkin bread or pumpkin cheesecake...

I just had dinner at the Petite Cafe in Nutley and their Special Dessert just happened to be Pumpkin Cheesecake. And they make pumpkin bread during the holidays - I got some last year - it was amazing, but I have not seen anything about it yet, sorry! Just give them a call they can probably tell you when they will start making it.

Curlz,

You just reminded me to make a stop at Applegate Farms on my way to the Farmer's market, this morning! I wait all year to get this flavor. Is Denville Dairy's better? The "Bro" lives in Montville and I can make him pick up a pint...maybe a quart..

I also make a "mean" pumpkin cheesecake...haven't in years because we have tried to cut calories. However, I think it needs to be resurrected, this year.

Edited by Cook456 (log)

I can't remember the last time I had pumpkin ice cream at DD, but I grew up going there, and just love their ice cream! Will do my best to do a little research and report back. :wink:

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

...Marc's in Clifton.

INFO, please!!

ET

pnapoli - did you mean Marc's Cheesecakes on Valley Road in Clifton? He has has really good cheescakes. I think he makes over a dozen different kinds. His brownies are awesome, too.

I was in Costco's in Wayne today and they had some delicious looking pumpkin cheesecakes.

yeah, Marc's Cheesecake on Valley Rd. 53 Valley Rd. to be precise, close to the Paterson border. you'd drive right by this place and never notice it, it's just a small storefront. but they make great stuff. they have something like 30 flavors (not all of which are available all the time, tho) and if you want something special they wil try to accommodate you.

in addition to the pumpkin, they also have a pumpkin chocolate swirl.

and yeah, their brownies are out of this world.... and supposedly a wicked chocolate truffle mousse cake, although i've not tried that yet.

973-684-8511

yeah, Marc's Cheesecake on Valley Rd.  53 Valley Rd. to be precise, close to the Paterson border.  you'd drive right by this place and never notice it, it's just a small storefront.  but they make great stuff.  they have something like 30 flavors (not all of which are available all the time, tho) and if you want something special they wil try to accommodate you. 

in addition to the pumpkin, they also have a pumpkin chocolate swirl.

and yeah, their brownies are out of this world.... and supposedly a wicked chocolate truffle mousse cake, although i've not tried that yet.

973-684-8511

Now I remember where it is located. It's where The Sweet Sisters Bakery used to be.

• 1 year later...

This seems like the best thread to let y'all know that Denville Dairy has some pretty phenomenal PUMPKIN ICE CREAM right now! Seriously. Forget that it's cold out. Your tummy called. It wants ice cream ASAP! :biggrin:

ETA: As I was explaining to some friends tonight, if you close your eyes while eating the DD pumpkin, your brain might freak out. "It's pumpkin pie. No...wait, it's ice cream. But it's SO pumpkin pie-ish!" As I said, your brain MIGHT freak. Your stomach won't, though!

Edited by Curlz (log)