• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cooking classes and weekends

sagestrat

Although I have a culinary degree from years ago, I'm no longer in the business (found marketing for high tech far more lucrative). However, my love of food and cooking remains. My husband would like to give me a gift sometime of a nice cooking program--maybe a two- or three-day program. He's looked at the CIA list, which might work, but I know there are lots and lots of cool programs out there.

Does anyone have experience with these types of programs and can you recommend any in particular. They could be here in the states (I'm on the East Coast but not limited to the area) or overseas?

Thanks,

Jennifer

P.S. I hope this was the right place for this topic.

Jennifer,

Before I got my degree from CIA, I took a few of their CE courses and loved them. Now, because it's more fun to go into the city, I take supplemental classes at FCI and plan to go to Napa for Greystone's classes, when I can swing it.

I know that the Greenbrier had an active cooking-class program but they're undergoing a big renovation (MichaelB knows more about this than I).

What part of the country are you considering?

"Oh, tuna. Tuna, tuna, tuna." -Andy Bernard, The Office