• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Thanksgiving Dinner in Sarasota?

spikemom

My husband and I will be visiting his parents in Sarasota at Thanksgiving. We're looking for recommendations for Thanksgiving dinner. I know the Ritz offers it; any others we should consider before making our reservation? Thanks in advance.

Maria Gallagher

If you're looking for a place for a Thanksgiving dinner it's going to pretty hit and miss. Here's a few for you to try, (phone #'s on the dineSarasota.com web site):

Michael's on East (Midtown)

The Colony Dining Room (Longboat Key)

Ophelia's on the Bay (Siesta Key)

Marina Jack's (Sarasota Bayfront)

Boathouse at the Hyatt (Downtown)

Christopher's (Lido Key)

If you want to carry in a Thanksgiving dinner Morton's Gourmet Market does a fantastic job with that. (Southside Village)

My husband and I will be visiting his parents in Sarasota at Thanksgiving. We're looking for recommendations for Thanksgiving dinner. I know the Ritz offers it; any others we should consider before making our reservation? Thanks in advance.

Spikemom - I'm on the same quest this week. Over the years, I've learned that the restaurant folks in Sarasota take their holiday closings pretty seriously, even in season. Once you have found a place that's acceptable to all parties, you need to book it well in advance.

So far, I have found....

4 that are open....

Bijou Cafe (Downtown)

Mediterraneo (Downtown)

Fred's (Southside Village)

Mattison's (Siesta Key)

and 4 that are closed...

Derek's

Fleming's

Zoria

Ruth Chris

If it's a viable option, the suggestion the suggestion on Morton's carry out is a good one. I did it a couple of years ago and it turned out well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...