• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Strasbourg, Champagne, and Paris...

Megan Blocker

Megan, since you're the semi-official ambassadress of Strasbourg, did you get to Colmar?  I'm planning a trip up there for the week before Christmas, and am trying to decide whether to just stay in Strasbourg and day trip to Colmar (half an hour and a handful of Euros away by train) or whether to split time between the two hotel-wise.  We won't have a car, if that makes a difference.

All other Alsace afficionados are of course invited to chime in here.

I did not! We never made it out of Strasbourg, sadly, though I am thinking of doing an Alsace trip for the big 3-0 next year. I can't wait to hear all about your Christmastime trip to Alsace...talk about a fantasy.

"We had dry martinis; great wing-shaped glasses of perfumed fire, tangy as the early morning air." - Elaine Dundy, The Dud Avocado

Queenie Takes Manhattan

eG Foodblogs: 2006 - 2007