• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Feast India

rgruby

Feast India, is apparently an 8 part series following a guy travelling around India soaking up the food and culture.

The first episode is airing this Friday, Oct. 27 on TVO in Ontario. 7 pm, I think.

Has anybody seen this? Has it aired elsewhere? Is it worth viewing?

Cheers,

Geoff Ruby

I watched this last night. They showed two episodes.

I'd say it's more a travel show with a bit more focus on food than, say, the lonely planet shows (which it reminded me of), than it is a show about food that also shows some of the sights. I'd say maybe a third of the show was talking about food.

The host is a Brit, and apparently a chef. The camera work is gorgeous (although a bit too much movement in many shots for my liking). Just wish there'd been a bit more focus on food.

Cheers,

Geoff Ruby

I wish we could see this in the states; I've been looking around on the web to see if anyone's got an episode or two online, but without much luck. I did, however, find the main site for the production. They've also done a follow-up called "Feast Bazaar," which also looks pretty interesting.

"She would of been a good woman," The Misfit said, "if it had been somebody there to shoot her every minute of her life."

--Flannery O'Connor, "A Good Man is Hard to Find"