• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Behind the Line

Thanks for doing this, chef. And cngratulations on an extremely strong showing in the Post's dining guide. You must be a culinary Midas -- every restaurant you touch seems to turn to, if not gold, at least silver.

My question is, with all the demands on your time, how much time do you actually get to spend cooking? How do you keep your chops? Have you ever considered starting -- as Roberto did -- something like Il Laboratorio, where you can indulge in "sky's the limit" cooking one or two nights a week in a small setting, without having to take too much time from your other responsibilities or break the rhythms of the excellent chefs now winning stars at Jaleo, Atlantico etc.?

I'm on the pavement

Thinking about the government.

Thanks for doing this, chef.  And cngratulations on an extremely strong showing in the Post's dining guide.  You must be a culinary Midas -- every restaurant you touch seems to turn to, if not gold, at least silver.

My question is, with all the demands on your time, how much time do you actually get to spend cooking?  How do you keep your chops?  Have you ever considered starting -- as Roberto did -- something like Il Laboratorio, where you can indulge in "sky's the limit" cooking one or two nights a week in a small setting, without having to take too much time from your other responsibilities or break the rhythms of the excellent chefs now winning stars at Jaleo, Atlantico etc.?

Well MINIBAR is my place!

And I cook as often as possible........Cooking to me is not really the moment of doing it yourself but EVERYTHING has to happen to make the moment possible........So as far as I know I'm cooking ALL THE TIME........That is my two hands the ones that cook is not possible...My Brain does