• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

pate a bombe?

sirch1980

i see some ingredient the name is call "pate a bombe".

may i know anybody know what's that?

thank you

Yolks beaten with hot sugar syrup.

"If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced" - Vincent Van Gogh

Is not an ingredient though is a method.

It seems to me that the term "pate a bombe" is commonly used to refer to both a product or ingredient (a sweetened egg foam produced by whippping egg yolks with hot sugar syrup), and to the method by which that product/ingredient is produced (whippping egg yolks with hot sugar syrup). Wouldn't it be correct to say, for instance, that "pate a bombe is an ingredient in some buttercream recipes."

"If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced" - Vincent Van Gogh