• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Harvard & Cambridge Recommendations

cchen

I'm heading up to Harvard b-school for an event on Saturday and am looking for somewhere I'd be able to grab a quick meal to go, or have a quick meal at the counter since I will be short on time. Whats my best choice? Is there anything delicious AND quick?

Hi-Rise Bread Company on Brattle Street makes great sandwiches, as does Darwin's on Mount Auburn. Cardullo's on Brattle might also be a good choice. A Harvard Square landmark is Bartley's Burgers - many, many burger choices with fun/funny names available as beef, turkey or veggie and AWESOME shakes and rickeys.

go to cardullo's and get a sandwich and then buy some chocolate for dessert. Its very crowded and somewhat overpriced but I love the employees and the products.

If it's cold you can go to Burdick's and get a hot chocolate, supposedly they do that very well there.

If you want a good jukebox (ramones, motorhead, pixies, etc) and want some cheap food you can go to Charlie's and have a double cheeseburger with a side of wafflefries. I usually go there when I've had a few too many...that's the only way I can stomach the food and the beer is cheap and the jukebox keeps my boyfriend and me entertained for hours

BEARS, BEETS, BATTLESTAR GALACTICA