• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hungry Detective Premieres!

MarketStEl

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet!

Andrew Baber

True I got more fans than the average man but not enough loot to last me

to the end of the week, I live by the beat like you live check to check

If you don't move yo' feet then I don't eat, so we like neck to neck

A-T-L, Georgia, what we do for ya?

The Gentleman Gourmand

Just heard a promo for NBC10's (WCAU, Philadelphia) morning chatfest, "10!", and the promo said that Chris Cognac is one of today's guests.

What brought you back to town, Chris? Or was this segment taped months ago? And if you were back in town, where did you eat this time?

(For those of you who receive Philadelphia TV, "10!" airs on NBC10 at 10 a.m.)

Sandy Smith, Exile on Oxford Circle, Philadelphia

"95% of success in life is showing up." --Woody Allen

My foodblogs: 1 | 2 | 3

Just heard a promo for NBC10's (WCAU, Philadelphia) morning chatfest, "10!", and the promo said that Chris Cognac is one of today's guests.

What brought you back to town, Chris?  Or was this segment taped months ago?  And if you were back in town, where did you eat this time?

(For those of you who receive Philadelphia TV, "10!" airs on NBC10 at 10 a.m.)

See a few posts above, Sandy. Chris came in yesterday, then he's heading for the Farm Show in Harrisburg-- he's going to do a cooking demo with the Lt. Governor tomorrow. Maybe it will be shown on PCN-- PA's cable network.

"Fat is money." (Per a cracklings maker shown on Dirty Jobs.)

Generally I try and adhere to my Mother's admonition, "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all." :unsure:

But, the Boston Episode of Hungry Detective really didn't do anything for me. :sad:

Maybe it was too much emphasis on sea food, which I don't eat a lot of? :hmmm:

SB (maybe it's because of the Red Sox?) :wacko:

There was a lot of seafood...but hey, it was Boston....I think it came out pretty good...I liked the first scene w the Lobster and walk around the north end...and the scene a e gullets ababer at the Chinese place....those dumplings were the bomb!

New York is next week then Miami for the last show....

Moo, Cluck, Oink.....they all taste good!

The Hungry Detective

Miami as the last show? Boo-Hoo :sad: We were hoping you'd come see us over

here in Hawaii! Maybe next season? You could join the many helicopters that fly

over my house in the valley that take tourists to see the Stairway to Heaven.

When they film stuff they fly so low I can see their faces and sometimes they

even hang out on straps outside of the 'copter with their cameras rolling, it's

actually kind of scary to watch! A hui hou! :wink:

"You can't miss with a ham 'n' egger......"

Ervin D. Williams 9/1/1921 - 6/8/2004

So today, in Nashville, a woman asked me, "Aren't you the guy on the Food Network, that dectective who looks for restaurants?"

I've been kidding before about Chris and I looking so much alike, but we are at the point now where we need to settle which one of us is the evil twin.

Holly Moore

"I eat, therefore I am."

HollyEats.Com

Twitter

What dissapointing news. Maybe they'll reconsider and keep a terrific show. Certainly many

thanks to you Chris for great entertainment with your wonderful personality and camera

presence. No doubt you are proud of a great job done! :wink: A hui hou!

"You can't miss with a ham 'n' egger......"

Ervin D. Williams 9/1/1921 - 6/8/2004

I hereby retract any good things I've ever posted about the Food Network.

They are ignorant scum, and deserve to be relegated to the lowest level of Nielsen Hell, that being reserved for The worst of those who betrayed their benefactors.

Well, not really.

SB (YES! Really.) :angry:

I hereby retract any good things I've ever posted about the Food Network.

They are ignorant scum, and deserve to be relegated to the lowest level of Nielsen Hell, that being reserved for The worst of those who betrayed their benefactors.

Well, not really.

SB (YES! Really.) :angry:

Word.

Thanks...We will see what happens, I would love to do a few specials...best burger....vending machine food in Japan, stuff like that.....I also want to do the "ota faction" for Iron Chef and see if I can get some young hot sous chefs on the show...speaking of which...remember the young chefs from my Vegas show....cant say any more at the moment....

I am proud of our little show....we sure got to show some great folks to the rest of America....I know it wasnt for everyone, but we stuck pretty true to the food and the stories behind the food, people etc..plus we got a few eG folks on the show too....and plugged eG in the Charleston show....Chowhound is our plug in Miami tonight...

My father in law is in the last scene of the show w me...he is a crack up and a fitting way to end things....

Moo, Cluck, Oink.....they all taste good!

The Hungry Detective

Wow, watching the Miami episode right now - I'm so excited that you went to one of my favorite haunts -- Garcia's -- particularly so since I recommended it to you over the summer. Thanks so much for sharing this fabulous place with your viewers!

Chris,

Thanks a lot man!

You wrapped up a great show with a wonderful episode.

That Challah Egg Melt Sandwich sure looked good. I'm not a big breakfast eater, but that would be a good Sunday night dinner! :biggrin:

And then Jamaican-Chinese food! What a small world? :cool:

And ending up with your FIL and the Cuban Sandwich. As they say .... PRICELESS! :laugh:

SB (Can't believe Food Network would let this show go ..... :sad:)

PS: I gotta ask. Did you gain any weight over the season? :raz: