• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Capresso Impressa E8

gfron1

If you're in the market for a new espresso machine, I have put up a Capresso Jura Impressa E8 machine to benefit EGullet. Its a brand new machine that has been on our display for the past year - never used. It retails for just under $1000, so you know it will go for a good price on EBay. And, of course, this is a great opportunity to support EG.

Like many of you, EG is an important part of my life - whether it be the friends, the recipes, the restaurant recommendations, or the culinary absurdia. Today, an auction I started at the eG Auction Block just raised $582.25 for the EG operating fund (it does take time and money to allow all of us to enjoy this site).

Thanks for all who participated in the auction. Thanks to the EG staff and volunteers for your efforts, and I ecourage all of you to share the wealth on the Auction Block.

Many thanks to gfron1 for this generous donation! For more information on how you can participate in the eG Shopping Block program please click here.

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

I have to admit, that looked pretty good. While I love coffee I limit myself and already have a machine that I don't use. Anyway, thanks for donating it. That seems like a good price for the lucky winner.

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz